At Bangabandhu we strongly believe that building strong, trusting relationships between parents and school will ensure that your children will be happy, enjoy learning and achieve their best.
Our school understands that many children and families experience difficult times which can place stress on home life.
If you have worries about your child's learning, health or change in behaviour, it is always best to discuss these with the class teacher, any member of the Senior Leadership Team or a member of our Pastoral Support Team as they will know your child and can work with you to address any issues.
Sometimes, there are other problems that parents or carers need some help with and we have a team of people in school who will listen and offer support, working in a non-judgmental way as we know that families come in all shapes and sizes with many challenges to overcome.
Pastoral Support Team
- Janis Baxter – Pastoral Support Manager and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Naz Begum – Learning Mentor.
- Ayesha Taylor – School Home Support Worker (works Monday & Tuesday).
If we can’t help directly, we will be able to signpost or refer parents and carers to appropriate support.
Here are just some examples of the things we can help with:
- School Induction
- ‘Getting involved’ in school life
- Online School Applications
- Family relationship problems
- Parenting skills
- Transition to secondary schools
- Attendance and punctuality
- Children’s behaviour
- Child protection
- Completing forms
- Referrals to relevant agencies
- Home visits
- CAF forms (Common Assessment Framework)
- Core group meetings
- Other voluntary agencies
- Training, education and employment
- Mental or physical health issues
- Housing and money worries
- Attendance and Punctuality - what parents need to know
- Here are some agencies where support and advice can be accessed.
- Help with money issues, benefits support and housing issues.
Help and support with
- Welfare benefits
- Housing and homelessness
- Council tax
- Rent arrears
Women’s Education Resource Centre - helps with education, training and access courses back into work.
For help and assistance in legal and law requirements.
There are lots happening at Bangabandhu! We regularly have workshops and meetings about learning and in addition to these we have a series of ongoing activities and courses for parents.
We are lucky to have a space dedicated to parent activities and support, in our Community House.
Here are the things that happen regularly.